The BEST Easy Caprese Pasta Salad
I have a thing for pasta salad. To me, it’s not a side dish… it’s a friggin’ MEAL. There’s just something about it that is so comforting. Maybe it’s because it reminds me of family gatherings, summer time and BBQ’s. Or, maybe it’s because it pairs so nicely with wine!
This recipe is the perfect side dish to quickly throw together for parties, family gatherings, potlucks and BBQ’s.
If you like caprese salad, then you are going to love this cold pasta recipe! It’s incredibly simple to make, but is packed full of delicious flavor. Feel free to add fresh basil to the mix if it’s in season.
I especially like how good this pasta is leftover. You could bring it to work, and it will last you an entire week. It’s a nice break from the usual sandwich or frozen meal!
PrintThe BEST Pasta Salad You Will Ever Make (quick & easy!)
This cold Italian pasta salad is super quick and easy, yet full of flavor! It’s perfect for feeding a crowd. It’s made with simple ingredients like basil pesto, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, and seasoning. Yum!Servings: 12
- 16 ounce box of pasta (I use bowtie)
- 8-12 ounces mozzarella cheese cut into small pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (cut into 1/4 inch slices)
- 1/4 cup basil pesto (store-bought)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- fresh or dried basil to garnish (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, and then bring it to room temperature by rinsing it with cold water. Drain well.
- While the pasta is cooking, chop and prep the tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.
- Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to eat.