One-Pan Broccoli, Sweet Potato, and Chicken Dinner
If you’re tight on time, the last thing that you want (or need) is to stress out about preparing dinner. That’s why it’s super important to have a list of simple, go-to recipes on hand. Our One-Pan Broccoli, Sweet Potato, and Chicken Dinner is not only incredibly easy to prepare, but it’s also a well-rounded, healthy option for you and your family. While it takes just under an hour to cook, that’s mostly baking time. This recipe only requires about ten minutes of prep time!
More often than not, fast and easy meals are loaded with calories and lacking in nutrition. Just think about fast food, takeout, and microwave dinners. They have one important thing in common: They’re not that healthy, right? Once we realize that it is possible to prepare nutritious recipes quickly, it opens up a whole new world of options!
A single serving of this One-Pan Broccoli, Sweet Potato, and Chicken Dinner is just over 300 calories. It contains 30 grams of protein, 26 grams of carbs, 6 grams of fiber, and 11 grams of fat. Not to mention that it’s packed with dozens of different vitamins and minerals that your body needs. In other words, it doesn’t get much healthier than this!
An Easy Clean-Up Chicken Dinner to Add to Your Rotation
This one-pan meal could not be any easier. There are essentially two main steps to preparing it. Begin by cutting up your chicken breast, broccoli florets, red onion, and sweet potatoes. Once they’re cut, toss all the ingredients onto a baking sheet, including the olive oil, salt, crushed red pepper, and dried thyme. Then, mix everything until it’s evenly combined.
Bake for approximately 45 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked all the way through and the sweet potatoes are tender. Be sure to mix the ingredients every 15 minutes or so to ensure that it all gets cooked to perfection. And just like that, a delicious and simple, healthy dinner is ready to enjoy. Plus, because you only used one pan, clean-up is simpler than ever!
Deliciously Healthy Meals without the Clean-Up are a Must! Add this One Pan Broccoli, Sweet Potato, and Chicken Dinner to Your Rotation
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breast cubed, medium sized
- 1 head broccoli cut into medium sized florets
- 1 large red onion cut into medium sized cubes
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled, cubed medium sized
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme not ground thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray. If using a smaller baking sheet, prepare two sheets.
- Toss all ingredients together and spread in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet(s). Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender.